Monday 1 March 2010

lizards and sun

ooh! I have one more official follower! thank you follower! I think I may love you.

anyway. onto today's hot topics.
spring?
sun!
bulbs!
birds singing!
people smiling!
could it be could it be..? or are we sad misguided weather-nuts who see the best in a bad situation. will I wake up tomorrow and my house have slid down to Green Lanes under the weight of a new dump of Siberian Snow, fresh in off Cloud 9?
I know we're a nation of weather-nuts but is it any surprise? we've had 4months of grey drizzle vitamin-d-deprivation, combined with a recession, christmas, january, pot-holes, teenagers throwing their chicken-wings-food-wrappers all over Hornsey rail station (actually that's not seasonal, that's constant and so disgusting I want to go and shut down chicken-wings or get some fire-crackers and set them off each time a Horsney School for Girls Teenager chucks her carton nonchalently on to the wet floor; have they NO pride in their surroundings?) and Bradley being killed off in East Enders. I mean, the times have been really tough.
so when I woke up to a ray of sun beaming through my bamboo lined blinds this morning I actually jumped out of bed and felt - dare I say it - happy!
Mol and Liz, peeling their faces off their green with snot pillows, also felt the joy of the beams. they both got dressed with no fuss, they both ate breakfast without argument, they brushed their teeth and hair (different brushes) almost with merriment. they even shared the making of a jigsaw. actually that's a lie. i can't push it too far. they had a row over the jigsaw. out came the green snot again - flying in all directions as they chucked jigsaw puzzle bits at each other in rage. a bit like when a camel gets feisty and spits at the moronic tourist trying to get on its back - greenies flying galore.
BUT: can this be put down to the joy of sun?
I think I may be a lizard inside a womans clothing. And when the sun comes out my fingers start to move properly, my skin feels less vulnerable, my body wakes up. I wonder what the Xray in the new airport security would see as I saunter through? would it bleep because of the belt buckle or the large diamond ring Husband gave me for having his children (oh, wait, delete that last bit) or would it bleep because the security guard had just seen an upright lizard skeleton walk towards him and he'd vomited in shock on his machine and set off the alarm? Who knows. This could be a conversation to have with my parents.
anyway. its very nice to have the sun out, however briefly it lasts.
(even the dogshit on the passage caused humour today rather than anger... - how rare is that?)

No comments: