Saturday 15 May 2010

how clean...

Domestic bliss!
The dishwasher is whirring away downstairs in the dark kitchen, cleaning and polishing and drying...
The washing machine has had a cycle with sheets pillow cases duvet covers and pyjamas.
The wind and the sun has dried aforementioned on my clothes line. No birds flew by and pooed on the white cotton.
The girls rooms are tidy (ish).
I've folded the laundry and put it into neat piles, and on my way to bed, I shall drop the folded clothes at the door of the appropriate room, a bit like father christmas dropping his toys into the stockings of the good sleeping children... I deliver clean clothes at the door of clean sleeping children...
The spare room has clean bedlinen on the bed and my desk isn't too horrendously messy - ready for the arrival of mum tomorrow afternoon.
My bed has clean sheets and duvet cover and for a special treat - ironed pillow cases. I have on clean pyjamas. And. I have just had a bath.
So - how much am I looking forward to slipping into bed, in approximately 5minutes after I've brushed my teeth? The cool sheets. The slightly crisp almost feel of ironed cotton on my cheek. I can't wait. I just love nights like this.
(ooh, crumbs: just watched two episodes of Dr Who on re-run - god? scary? hide behind the sofa stuff? and what, 8 year olds watch this? I'm forbidding any child of mine access to Dr Who until they're legal to vote or marry - whichever comes first...)
And to top it off, there is a fresh batch of fairy cakes in the tin downstairs.
A triumphant day in the life of Domestic Goddessness - especially given that I had the hangover from hell most of the day. Wine. Don't you just love it? (But right now, I love my clean sheets better.)

No comments: