Friday 21 May 2010

nesting season & the nose trick...

oh there is a nice yummy feeling in the air this morning. warm air. clear sky. I hung the washing out on the line, and as I was hanging, I could hear this cosy cooing noise coming from a bush in the garden. oh, whats this I think? and then I hear some flappy flapping, and out flaps a pigeon... who promptly flies up to a neighbours roof and does the biggest shit in the world. I carry on hanging the washing in the bright sun. I think there is a pigeons nest... so maybe in a few weeks time we'll have little fluffy chicks hopping around the garden? (or being maimed by the skanky foxes...)
the chestnut trees are in full candle-tastic-bloom.
the honeysuckle is about to pop.
the strawberries are flowering left right and centre.
the tomatoes are growing rapidly.
and the grass groweth long long long.

ah. I love May.

(although I feel a bit sorry for the hayfever sufferers...)

oh and I just love it when a kid does something they've never done before. so, tonight, as the girls were munching their chicken nuggets (well, at least they were home made...) liz starting singing something completely random which made mol have an attack of snorty giggles. at the same time as said attack took place, mol had also just sucked in a large quantity of pink-milk (a la lola).
end result: Mols first ever go at The Nose Trick.
laugh or cry - she knew not what to do, but pink milk was snorted across the table, via her nozzies, and as I heard this weird assortment of noises (gloopy raspy sludgy poppy choky kind of noises) and turned my head away from my calming cup of Lapsan Souchong tea, Mol was sitting there with two great lines of pink milk dripping from her poor nostrils.
mean mum that I am my first reaction was to laugh out loud and congratulate her through this momentous rights of passage - I nearly put on a pot of spaghetti so we could try it with another genre of food.
but then I realised that mol is only 7, and this had come as a bit of a surprise and shock. so instead I reached for the tissues and assumed maternal concern, whilst Liz continued to sing her random song of nothing oblivious to her sisters mastication malfunction.
bliss.

No comments: