Tuesday 18 January 2011

over half way

To keep you updated.
The glow of my alcohol free halo is still shining, and feeling quite glow-mungous. Not a drop has passed my lips although I realise that in the paella Husband cooked the other day there was more than a 'dash' of sherry (I didn't even know we had sherry in our house... Must have inherited it from one of my Granny's all those years ago. She must be looking down from the clouds above, happy to see her bottle come out...)...
And now I don't feel the need to fall into bed at 9.59pm! I am actually super awake at 11pm! Reading my very most excellent Jonathan Franzen book Freedom although having said that I do then wake up at 702am feeling a bit like, huh? late night? no hangover? feel a bit snoozy? why is the sky SO DAMNED BLACK? etc. Winter still sucks however glowing my halo may be.
The recycling men must be shocked at our lack of weekly wine-bottle-disposal. Our recycling bin is one of sparkling water bottles and spinach packets. Oh yes. We are good. Very good.

No one has yet come up to me and said, my god, you look 10 years younger! whats the secret?
But that's ok because its not about looking younger. No. I'm really not THAT superficial, thank you very much. No. Its how I feel! And if I'm really honest, I now feel about 36 instead of 46. So, kind of age appropriate I should imagine.
Husband has done very well too and imbibed no alcohol as far as I can tell. Unless he has a very good breath-adjuster for his homebound journey from Soho.
Only a few more weeks to go.
And then it may all fall about in about 24hours. But at least I'll have done it.

1 comment:

Clare Nichols said...

I feel humbled....