Wednesday 2 February 2011

2feb...

would you adam and eve it?!
its the 2nd feb and still no alcoholic bev has passed my quivering lips. (they don't quiver that often, mostly at the thought of a nice quenching glass of wine... or perhaps the perfectly fresh bagel with the perfect butter and perfect marmite on it... or maybe a freshly baked home made brownie...)
what's happened?
my halo still shineth! brightly! positively blinding!
can you see it? no - that's not the sun!
why such abstinence I hear your enquire? why, you turncoat, have you not yet fallen from your perch of moral highground? get ye to the bottle shop! Absinthe required!
well, its like this see: yesterday, 1st feb, as my liver was getting ready to brace itself for a Victoria Falls sized wave of booze, I realised in fact that I had to be on my course. And given that its a counselling children course I realised that it wouldn't really do to turn up pissed as an old bat who'd fallen into the barrel. Just not the thing really. So, I have had to postpone the reentry into the world of wine for another 24hours. And actually, truth be told, at the end of the day, you know what I mean, innit, to be frank, to be fair, I have to admit, shockingly, (gasps from the crowd) that really, I'm quite happy in my little no booze bubble. And am rather, (more gasps) dreading the re-entry.
A bit like when an astronaut tumbles off the lofty heights of the moon, and then has to go through the trauma of re-entering the earths atmosphere... The astronaut, lets call it, her, "Sheila" for now, just to give her a face. She's got long hair, sort of honey colour, and her teeth are really straight because she had tracks when she was small. Sheila, has been on the moon, all free and clear headed for a long time - lets say, the month of January, and then she realises that she has to come home. And although she wants to she's a bit scared of the voyage. She knows it'll get really hot. And that her face will maybe go all g-force a bit when she goes through the landing part of getting to the earth. So. Understandably, there's ambivalence, right?
Well, I'm Sheila. And right now I'm feeling a bit ambivalent.
Although I am looking forward to a bloody MASSIVE glass of something tonight after bringing the girls back from their hellish ballet class.

No comments: