Thursday 2 July 2009

Day One

Today is the first day of the rest of my life as Career PA..! I have donned my power-frock and highest heels and am off on the 141 to my new job once I have dumped the kids at their various institutions.

The big question is will I cut the mustard and make it past lunch? I have optimistically made myself a sandwich to eat in my compulsory unpaid half-hour lunch break (oh and by the way its probably better if you keep your phone OFF all day) - see, how I've reached high and gone for a really powerful position? - ... Husband just about remembered to wish me luck after I reminded him that today was my first day and that yes don't worry I've sorted the kids, but thanks for asking... Meanwhile I'll just finish off the cleaning I was doing yesterday and sorting the washing and making Mols packed lunch and sorting their hair and finding my none-existent P45 to take to the new office where lies the dragon-ess in her den, ready to eat me for her breakfast.
I must try to look forward to this new experience. Having washed my hair I feel more positive.
I shall update later...

No comments: