Wednesday 16 December 2009

all that glitters...

All that glitters today, in my house, is glitter. All over my house. All over my washed floors. All over the kitchen table. All over the radiator. All over the kidz' fingers / hair / faces. Up my staircases. On the sofa. etc. And the thing about glitter is that it embeds itself into the surfaces. Liz once had glitter stuck to her scalp for about 3months, despite weekly washes and scrapings with the metal nit-comb. I wonder what would happen if glitter got into the blood stream?
Why, you may be wondering, are Les Enfants at home on a Wednesday?
Well, the simple answer is that they are ill with nasty green snot and wheezing chests.
So we're kicking back in N8 getting down with the Christmas cheer.
And today has been well-Christmassy despite grotty kids. (I keep saying to them If you're well enough to fight then you're well enough to be at school...But they're still fighting and still snotting.)
I lit the advent candle! No.16 already!
It snowed!
We got a parcel!
In the parcel were 'glitter-up your own tree decorations'.
We glittered 'em up!
I cooked some hot soupy lentil broth.
We watched The Snowman sitting under a rug on the sofa, and I cried but tried not to let Mol see because otherwise she'd cry too. And then we'd both probably start flailing and wailing.
And we got a Christmas card! (I'm sure the postman is hiding ours... seem to be much fewer than usual... maybe WE'VE been struck off everyones list? - Wracking my brains thinking who I've offended lately? - Oh, can think of a few people I've let down... maybe...)
And its snowing still!
And the Christmas tree lights are twinkling.
And we're all snotty and exhausted - and isn't that just the surest sign that Christmas is looming?
And I have my red Christmas nail varnish on!
Glitter-on dudes.

No comments: