Sunday 15 November 2009

weekend update

Have you seen them yet? It's the coke ad (sorry if you hate coke and despise everything it stands for) but there is something super exciting about the theme tune the holidays are coming and there are little ding dang bells to remind you that it's referring to Christmas holidays and not easter or summer...
However not only are the holidays coming but so too is a strange invasion on my skin. The Invasion of Mothers Ruin by small and large blemishes. I woke up this morning to find a smear of blood at the end of my bed - oh, gross! I realised as I stepped out of the shower this morning that I have a mysterious mini-mountain range of spot-like-erruptions on my shin. So that's pretty grim. And then on my face? Well that's a whole 'nother range from another planet, which meant an outing for the Witch Hazel in a desperate mission to blast the new features back to hence they came... Its like a horror movie. They keep coming back for more... just when you thought you were safe... the nightmare continues... down to your last cotton wool ball and the last drop of killer-spot-acid...
I should just pretend I'm actually adolescent to keep my hopes up that one day I may grow out of it.
Biology really sucks.
Another thing that really sucks apart from sitting above the engine on the 141 which is so loud and vibratory that its like being inside a giant noisy thing that vibrates (I want to say dildo, but I have never ever in all my 24 years set my eyes on one, least not one that vibrates, so I can't really speculate on what it feels like to be inside one) is that Liz has got a really snotty nose and is on calpol and because her weeing became so prolific over the last 5 days I've been forced (how many times a night do I have to change the sheets when she's in a nappy?) to re-protect her bottom with Sainsburys pull ups size 5. Shame but there you go.
Another thing that really really sucks is that Jade couldn't dance last night. Even Liz was sad that there was no Jade or Ian. Where is Jade she asked? Her knee has popped says Mol. But where is she asks Liz. She's not dancing says Mol. But WHERE IS SHE? I'm like, go check her twitter if you really want to know?
Another thing that really sucks is the state of London roads. Have you done any driving recently? Diversions, road closures, traffic jams because there is like a small hole somewhere with some bollards around it, abandoned diggers and traffic lights out of order. The Giant Meltdown - Gridlock Hell - its coming. Its just around the corner. And when it hits, I'll be ready. (By that I mean I'll have stocked up my freezer so I won't have to go to Sainsbury's until the Gridlock Hell untangles, 5 years later...)
This is all a bit bitty.
I'm wondering how my friend managed to move her entire office of 80 people and their desks and computers and potted plants and water machines and photo copiers and mixed-sex-lavs' and mail boxes and desk top lamps and twizzle orthopedic chairs and bad wall art, whilst the main road she was moving to was closed by the Lord Mayors Show yesterday. In the rain (the WORST STORM TO HIT ENGLAND THIS YEAR!! SHOCKER!! BIG WAVES HIT THE SHORE!!). Meesh, I hope you showed the Lord Mayor who the real boss was yesterday and today.
Anyway. I think the main jist of the matter is that I had a good weekend despite traffic and ate lots and watched Strictly and saw both my brothers and ate some more and cracked open a new bottle of wine (on the red now that its officially winter) and its only 10pm which means I can go to bed and read some more of Zadie Smiths' "on beauty". It's got a really pretty jacket which is a good start.
Bon soir as they say on La Continent, innit.

No comments: