Friday 13 November 2009

things i like

I like the smell of freshly boiling coffee on the hob.
I love a clean house. I even like cleaning my house. I like watching the hoover leave a clean track on the carpet (just like in the adverts! and whoosh its gone!). I don't like so much hoovering up bits in Mol or Liz's room - like a small finger puppet and the other day a whole glove (from a witches dressing up costume) went up the metal spout - shit - am wondering if I need to do an autopsy on the hoover bag? I think a necklace went up in this bag too.
I love walking past Yassa's bakery in the morning, the smell of vanilla and baking bread overwhelming the stench of the bus fumes and white van mans fags on Green Lanes.
I love running in the rain.
I haven't tried running in the snow.
I really really like Monday and Fridays when I have Liz to myself for a few hours.
I love kissing a little bit on Liz's nose - just at the top between her eyes. Its soft and peachy.
I love watching Mol making faces at herself in the mirror and dancing to Radio One songs with a bit of sausage on a fork waving around a bit out of control (and I have to sit on my hands to stop myself from getting anal and telling her to put the fork down).
I love driving over the M25 and knowing that I am officially now in the Countryside. Here are the green fields of Surrey, see? And lo! There is not so much traffic on this side of the M25!
I like a glass of wine when I read to Mol & Liz on the sofa at the end of the day.
I like a glass of wine when I have supper with Husband after the kids have gone to bed.
I like a glass of wine and a piece of chocolate when I watch East Enders (ooh, how psycho is Lucas going to get...? A reliable source assured me in person "its only going to get better"...).
I love Queen. Truly. I miss Freddie. I miss his teeth and trouser braces. To devote a whole song to Fat Bottomed Girls, you make the rocking world go round...? I mean. That's WAY brilliant.

And finally, I really really really love getting presents.

No comments: