Monday 15 June 2009

Burnt bottom

Oh MothersRuin! Stupid girl! I have just realised that Liz has a sunburnt, not even sun-kissed, bottom. Yesterday was spent running around naked in the garden of her cousins. Which (fox/squirrel/pigeon poo aside) was all so wholesome, until I saw The Damage this morning.
woops.
Role in barrage of abuse from Australian friends who wouldn't be so careless as to forget to slather the nether-regions of their children in factor 99.
In fact, during the naked garden run yesterday, I noticed at one point Liz sitting quietly on the rug, studying something in between her legs. And then when I got closer I realised in fact she wasn't actually studying. She was colouring. So bathtime last night was a riot with burnt bottoms and coloured in bits-n-pieces... I really couldn't work out why she was so reluctant to sit down in the nice warm bath - but, well, I guess with a blazing bum the last thing that it wants to go into is a warm bath. Sorry Liz! Careless from N8.
Molly's ballet exam today. Have promised uber-picnic for afterwards. Sod school. We're going on major pringles/donut/sweets picnic after her twirls in the YMCA are over. Must go to Sainsburys for uber-picnic-shop.

No comments: