Friday 19 June 2009

Star struck? Moi?

Oh.
MY.
GOD.
(In a nasal Chandlers-ex-girlfriend-(Friends)-sort-of-voice.)
I thought yesterday was good. And then it got better. So, Mother In Law came to hold the fort and blow-dry Mol's hair and read to snot-bag-Liz and get them to bed whilst I scampered off (no time to change even! Harringay Mother At Theatre In Trainers - Shocker - see distressing pictures P2) to Sadlers Wells to watch some dancing I didn't know much about other than Mrs Balhams friend was dancing as head-dancer in the first piece (he was in fact being God! imagine that! - well - Apollo... he's a god, right?)... First we met Him and He gave us tickets and chatted whilst warming up by doing alarmingly deep plie-s (?SP) so deep in fact I wondered whether his butt would hit the floor and complicated foot-twists. His face was thick with stage makeup. Then we found our seats and watched him being serenaded by 3 beautiful whispy girls and it was very lovely. And he was very impressive. And then there was some more dancing - we saw the Dying Swan - she was amazing and made me well up and that wasn't just because of her Karl Largerfield tutu, then a very beautiful piece called Faun(e) with two men floating around copying and exchanging moves it was entrancing.
But anyway, THEN in the next interval our Apollo came to find us having removed costume and facepaint (funny - on stage he looked ENORMOUS muscles rippling as he leaped all over the place and chucked girls around; in the flesh he looked so petit & silffy (is that a word? what I mean is he looked kind of thin and small - crazy optical illusion of being on stage under lighting...). So he gave us a kiss and then chatted and then he said, oh, 'scuse me, just got to go say hi to a mate... I followed his gaze to his mate. ONLY BLOODY CARLOS ACOSTA. Sloping in a dark corner of the 1st circle bar. There He was. The Ultimate current God of the Ballet World. And there was Apollo, hugging him! Oh Lordy me. I came over in a star studded hot swoon. Yes it really was Him! However, our Apollo didn't introduce us - sadly - and probably quite sensibly as he could probably see the steam rising from my hair and my eyes spinning in opposite directions. I don't think I've EVER been so close to a dance god before. It was quite awesome. Mrs Balham was much more blaze about it, but I'm not sure she was sure who He was and also she's met STEPS (or was it S-Club-7) so she's quite cool about meeting Celebs.
When I got home all was quiet in the house, M-in-L said, well why didn't you get Apollo to properly introduce him to you? I guess she had a point. But it could've been a bit sort of sticky (from my hot-flush clammy hands - not pleasant) and kind of y'know, cheesy? Anyway. I spent a lot of my going-to-sleep time dreaming of the life I never had as a professional dancer, and then I vowed that I'd find myself a dance class and get back to it, however old and rusty my body may be.
Thank you Mrs Balham. It was a truly memorable night.

No comments: