Thursday 11 June 2009

conversations with my body

Will a really totally boiling hot bath sweat the spots out? I'm going to have a go and will see what comes up / out in the morning.
I also want a really totally boiling hot bath because my feet are really totally freezing cold and this could be a good way to get them re-acclimatised. I think my feet in fact think its still winter out there. I suppose in a way they could be right given the shite weather lately but I know, in my heart of hearts, that if I was brave I could get away with wearing just flip flops. So I need to break it to them that gone are the cold days and now is the time to embrace the summer. Reveal the toes. Hair and all.
Maybe they're in fact feeling self conscious, and being very extremely cold all the time is a way of keeping themselves covered up. Its like a little message to me. "Hey, you up there! Until you sort us out, we're staying in!" Does anyone else ever have conversations with their body parts? I have serious one-to-ones with each and every spot which visits my face, usually ending in a frightening bloody argument that is completely unproductive and unfortunately the spot usually wins despite being the one to receive the most physical punishment. And then I have to deal bravely with the fallout, in public, the next day (usually longer in fact). There are other conversations which I have with my body. Like my eyes. We often wonder, together, why they're so useless. I don't get much out of them though. Its a bit one-sided.
So. Off to the really totally boiling hot bath for a major sweat. Ought to keep the feet warm till tomorrow morning even if the spots are still there and alpine like...

No comments: