Sunday 14 June 2009

tiredness competition

I feel a significant tiredness competition coming on... Husband is away as of tomorrow (7am - yes I have to leave AT 7am, so probably before any of you even get out of bed) till Friday.
Doing Very Important Work Stuff. So I will be very tired. Probably more tired than you, MothersRuin. Yes, I'm going to have an extremely tiring week, working extremely hard, staying in hotels in Wiltshire and getting up early after late night drinking, cough cough, I mean working with my colleagues and tweaking important schedules. And I probably won't have time to eat properly either. So I'll come home all thin and pale and god, just so tired. Look how much weight I've lost?
Meanwhile, I'm at home, doing my usual routine, but with no one to make me tea in the morning, I suspect I'm going to suffer more tiredness than He can begin to imagine. And Mol has a ballet exam tomorrow (I have to take her out of school - eek, but I left an anonymous letter for the Headteacher explaining so it shoudl be OK permissions wise (she's a mistress, but requested that we call her teacher because Mistress has other implications - I'm like, for god sake, you run a primary school! you're a woman! be a mistress! be proud! get your kitten heals on and wear them like a True Head-Mistress. None of this no-sex-differentiation-shit - oh, we're all equal, so like, you're not a head master and i'm not a head mistress because that infers sexual, like, you know, ORGANS? - or something? Or maybe the 6year olds will start looking for your whip next time they're sent to the office if we call you, god forbid, headMISTRESS?) oh, double brackets, i'll shut the first set here) which means an extra trip to the YMCA and school and back again - so that in itself is EXTRA work. oh. I'm so tired just thinking about it.
This time next week I'll do a tiredness-tally. We'll see who's the most tired. And I think it'll be me, yeah. Get me the flowers ordered already oh-absent-husband.

No comments: