Thursday 18 June 2009

ID me why not?

So today I feel really happy!
Lots of reasons.
1.) Liz is at nursery... (I love you Liz but its SO nice to have some time by myself)
2.) Phil the dude painter has finished, brushed up his flakes (of paint, not scalp-skin) packed up his pots and admitted that it was he who probably let all the tropical rain into my basement by unblocking something which has been blocked for a very long time (my basement is like a sponge) So my house is now my own once more.
3.) I went to Tesco and was buying wine for my friend L who has recently had a really tough time - her mum died after a sudden illness which took 2months of awfulness for L and her family - and the most gorgeous lady at the till asked me how old I was! Ha! 34 luv! But if you think I look 18/19/20/21 then I will love you a lot for a very long time (and that's with my scary spot on my chin... - actually, come to think of it, she was probably blinded by my facial disorder and thought given that she couldn't actually see who was making the purchase she probably ought to double-check, so in fact it probably had nothing to do with my yoof-ful good looks...)
4.) I'm going to Sadlers Wells tonight. I love dancing. I love dance. I love Sadlers Wells. I love having a swift glass of over priced wine in the interval and I love that "do I take a sandwich with me? do I eat before I go? do we get overpriced nibbles at the theatre?" dilemma that takes place every time there is a calling for this sort of culture. All good stuff.

Although, as I write all these outstandingly good reasons for being happy today, on the other hand, now that Phil is gone I have to completely clean the house. Its totally dusty and filthy and flaky and possibly even a bit stinky however many slices of toast I put in the toaster to hide the smell of the spongy basement and the polyfilled windowsills. And I've just parted with SO much money. And my car was broken yesterday and Mr Garage confirmed that the brakes were in dire straights so he's just taken £40 off me for screwing them back together (which pays for 1/4 of his personalised number plate on his silver convertable BMW. class.). And the plumber came yesterday because our soil pipe (poo-ee, soil! in this context that word is just gross. SOIL!) broke last week when Husband was in the shower (christ! what sort of things were going down the pipe from his shower?) and he's about need £140 for mending it. And then Liz has a nursery trip in 3 weeks time and that's going to cost no less than £6! Suddenly I'm feeling stony broke and its not even technically my money that I'm spending. This is why Husband is currently on Salisbury Plain filming tanks and probably getting a sunburnt neck. To fund the upkeep of the house. Next house I buy will be made of plastic from head to foot. The only thing I'll need is a hosepipe to clean it down once a week.

No comments: